Monday 3 September 2018

Every Inchie Monday -- Croata

It's a shame there are so few of us on this site now, we are lucky if we manage 6 of us.
This week we are visiting part of the former Yugoslavia, which is now known as Croatia. The National animal is the pine marten,  one that I have had personal problems with. We used to have the marten kill our chickens when we lived in the Highlands of Scotland. Horrible vicious animals. I have drawn one, but not very well. ( Looks more like a skinny cat)
As we have just lost all our koi carp, golden Rudd and goldfish from our two ponds with otters who ate the lot. So as you can see, I'm off all predictors at the moment.
I have sewn the National tree which is the Pedunculate oak.



3 comments:

Cathy said...

I love the martin you drew! He is so cute. It's a shame about the fish though. I think koi and goldfish are so beautiful. I totally agree about how the site has dropped off. It is so much fun and I hate to see it fade away. This has been especially fun with learning about the different countries. I like the theme.

freebird7100 said...

I do love the little Martin you drew, never heard of them but I do love the look of them. They need to stay away from the chickens though! I do also feel bad that people have been missing out (myself included!) But I am hoping now that summer is over that people will come back to us!

Margriet said...

Great inchies, love the oak leaves!
Maybe with the fall approaching, people will return to their creative hobbies.

Blog Archive