Monday 20 August 2018

Every Inchie Monday -- Jordan

This week we are in Jordan in the Arabian Peninsula. I have drawn the National bird, the Sinai rose finch, and the National animal the Arabian oryx. I knew nothing about this animal which is the smallest member the oryx genus. It is medium size antelope with a distinct shoulder hump and long straight horns and a tufted tail. My one inch version is missing some of these features. In fact looks very uncomfortable.  I made it out of soft leather.



4 comments:

Margriet said...

What a sweet little bird! The oryx looks like those cave drawings. Can’t be easy to make that with leather! Great work.

Heather said...

How on earth did you manage to do the oryx in leather, and so small? Love the bird and think that both are amazing.

Cathy said...

I love the inchies, particularly the little bird! He's so cute!

Anonymous said...

Wonderfully depicted, both of them, Dx

Blog Archive