Monday 4 June 2018

Every Inchie Monday -- Vatican City

Not an easy one this week as the Vatican City is the smallest state in the world, covering only 44 hectares, and also with the lowest population of approx 1,000. Because of it's situation it has no national bird or animal, so for my sewn one I have sewn a Lily Longiflorum which is their national flower. The large Vatican gardens cover half of the state, so I can only presume that there are lots of lilies there and they are popular with the people who grow them in their own gardens. The card one is their National symbol, I haven't made a very good job of it, but it will have to do.
I have been to the Vatican City, and it wasn't too busy. The Sistine Chapel is fantastic, but makes your neck ache, looking up at the ceiling all the time. I didn't see the Pope




4 comments:

Heather said...

I think both are lovely. I don't know how you many to come up with all these beautiful designs with the busy life you lead.

inkyfingy said...

I agree with Heather, you are very creative with your inchies, I started with great intentions to improve my drawing and colouring skills over the year, but seem to have opted out of that plan! I like to think I am being flexible, but secretly suppose I am just being lazy! ;) Dix

Margriet said...

Both inchies are wonderdul, love the soft colors on the lily inchie! Great work.

freebird7100 said...

I love your inchies and I am jealous that you have been to the Vatican!

Blog Archive