Tuesday 27 September 2016

Tag Tuesday -- Nursery Rhymes

I went for the easy option this week and did Humpty Dumpty.
The background consists of two tags, with the top one having the die cut of bricks. I glued the two tags together and cut out an egg shape for Humpty and another for his trousers. I coloured it with Intense crayons. The legs are crochet with a bead for his feet. I used die cuts for the lettering.



Humpty Dumpty wasn't someone who was obese, as was thought in the 15th Century, but was a large cannon used during the English Civil war. It was placed on the wall next to St Mary's church in the siege of Colchester in 1648. by the Royalists. The Roundheads laid siege to the town and the cannon ( Humpty Dumpty) was blown to pieces.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I love Humpty and what a great idea to crochet his legs.

Blog Archive