Friday 2 September 2016

Journal page -- Sand Beach Highlands of Scotland


Here is another page in my journal, this one is showing Sand Beach, which was our nearest sandy beach. The grandchildren loved it as there was a 100 foot plus sand dune that once climbed was brilliant to slide  down, I think my daughter and husband liked it as well. Claire remembered sliding down it as a child, as she was brought up in the Highlands.
The beach was opposite the islands of Raasay and Skye, which I painted a quick watercolour of.
The island in the front is Raasay, and the one in the background the island of Skye.



I then prepared the background for my page by using distress inks and a brayer. I stamped several images of shells, star fish, seaweed, and sea gulls well as some swirls and blotches.
 I then adhered the photos to the background along with a photocopy of my watercolour. At this stage I used a stencil and some texture paste to give it some texture.
I then did some journalling.
The first day we went to the beach the sun was out but it was very windy. Eleanor 2yrs 9 months was in a strop and was very tired, so Claire lay her down on a picnic rug and covered her with a towel. There she slept for 2 1/2 hours with the wind gradually covering her with sand. The children just love being on a beach and I took the opportunity to gather some shells and driftwood. You never know when they will come in useful.








I am entering this on Try it on Tuesday whose theme is Children.



7 comments:

chrissie said...

Wonderful pages Wendy and the painting is so very beautiful

Love Chrissie xx

Heather said...

You are so artistic - I love your delicate water colour painting. These pages are delightful.

Meggymay said...

A fabulous journal spread Wendy. Loved your water colour painting and all the photos. It is a great way to record a lovely family day. Thank you for sharing it with us at TioT's as well.
Yvonne xx

Marjut said...

A Beautiful pages. Thank you for joining us at TioT.

froebelsternchen said...

This are fantastic pages!
Hello from Try It On Tuesday!
Thank you very much for joining us -


oxo Susi

Mrs.B said...

A fabulous journal spread Wendy, love your water colour painting. Great photos which will give lots of happy memories (love the one with your sleeping granddaughter.)
Thanks for sharing with us at TioT
Avril x

Anonymous said...

Wonderful, lovely watercolour and generally lovely journal page. Beautiful.
KH

Blog Archive