Thursday 18 July 2024

Thursday journal with Neet.

 Hopefully I will get the right quote this week. I hope it’s’ It's never too late to make things worse'

I am having the most awful time with my computer, and it has taken me all evening to get it to load my photograph having failed miserably to load the scan.

Cindy was visiting her friend Kathy as she was putting up her display of needlework for Art week in her local town. When Cindy walked into the main room that would house the exhibition she was a bit surprised to see  the decoration Kathy had put on the main wall. "Why have you put buttons and scissors on the wall" Cindy asked. "Well it means it's going to be showing my embroideries and material collages" relied Kathy. I didn't know you used buttons"  said Cindy " I don't' said Kathy. "Well why put them as your main display" said Cindy, 'it looks silly, mind you it's never too late to  make things worse" " What in your opinion would make it worse" replies Kathy getting a bit annoyed with her friend, and wishing she hadn't asked her round to help. " Well you could get a couple of dressmakers dummies in and dress them in really pretty clothes, that would confuse everyone" said Cindy. "But I don't make clothes" said a puzzled Kathy. "Exactly, you would get people coming in and asking you to make them a dress, that would be a lot worse" said Cathy getting a bit annoyed. “Oh I see what you mean now” said Kathy “ I’ll replace them with embroidery stitches now, then we can get on with putting my work up, should we have a cup of coffee before we start?

   I am linking this to Art Journal Journey where Halle has chosen ‘ I’ve got a notion ‘ for her theme.





6 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

That button trim along the top, a long with the scissors, make this page perfect for Halle's challenge. That quote is fun this week too. And true too, but hopefully that doesn't happen very often. I do hope you aren't having a worse day and your week is going well. hugs-Erika

My name is Erika. said...

Whoops, and thanks for joining Halle's challenge at AJJ also.

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful story and page, and I love the expression on that cat's face! Thanks for linking to Halle's challenge at AJJ! Hugs, Valerie

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I love how you managed to meet both challenges head on. This is well done and I especially like the buttons along the top of the page. I laughed at the girls' conversation, too. Thanks for sharing another great entry with us at Art Journal Journey using Halle's theme.

Halle said...

Sorry your computer is giving you fits. So frustrating.
I like how you incorporated the buttons into your piece with the colorful gals.

Neet said...

Well, mine is a real cock up and may not even be acceptable. Gone away and only Lavinia stuff with me. Not a button in the house or anything to do with sewing except a tape measure and one needle and thread. Surely you cannot have had a day worse than mine! Not even a cardigan where I could have cut buttons from either.
Glad you got yours done, and nicely done too with those lovely scissors and the buttons along the top. Great story.
Maybe next week we can be in sync.
Hugs, Neet xx

Blog Archive