Thursday 2 May 2024

Thursday Journal with Neet.

 Tim Holtz snarky comment this week is 'I thought I was in a bad mood, but it's been a few years now so I guess this is who I am now' I am also linking this to Valerie and Erika's theme of poetry on Art Journal Journey 

When you have a quote that forms the basis of our Thursday Journal it isn't easy to add a poem as well.

 Fiona was in a bad mood as usual, and her friend Lisa had gone round to try and cheer her up. Lisa was used to doing this and really couldn't understand why Fiona was alway in a bad mood. This time Lisa was armed with a funny poem to read to her. "In a bad mood as usual " was Lisa's first comment, and lazing around as well I see" "Yes, replied Fiona, I thought I was in a bad mood, but it's been a few years now so  I guess this is who I am now" "well said Lisa listen to this funny poem by Spike Milligan, its called 'Granny, it might cheer you up a bit"



4 comments:

Neet said...

So glad I wasn't the only one with a problem fitting a poem to a journal page with self imposed restrictions. Guess it's our own fault really but thankfully we both managed. As you would say to me - it's a challenge.
Hope all is well.
Hugs, Neet xx

Valerie-Jael said...

What a fun poem you chose, I love it. I used to have an Auntie Fanny, too. Great way of combining your lovely journal page with the story and poem! Hugs, Valerie

My name is Erika. said...

It might be tough, but you aced this Wendy. There's nothing better than a funny poem to put smile on anyone's faces. This is a perfect page for Valerie's and my challenge. Thank you so much, and I hope it wasn't too too difficult to make this page. And happy weekend to you, and Happy May also. hugs-Erika

pearshapedcrafting said...

Spike Milligan's poems are brilliant - My boys used to love them, including this one of course! I still have the Milliganimals book and one of my sons has the book with this poem in. Great story and I love these two! Hugs,Chrisx

Blog Archive