Thursday 19 January 2023

Thursday Journal with Neet

 The words this week are 'I just rescued some wine. It was trapped in a bottle' Alison was having her usual visit from her mum Jenny, who seemed to think that even at the age of thirty-three Alison still needed her mum to keep an eye on her. As soon as Jenny walked in she realised her timing was perfect, there was Alison sitting on the floor with a bottle of wine on the floor next to her' What on earth are you doing her mother wanted to know. Alison had been ready for some remark and had an answer ready. "I just rescued some wine. It was trapped in a bottle" "Don't be ridiculous" Jenny said, "don't forget your Great Grandfather was an alcoholic, and if you are not careful, you will be going the same way, that's why I put that photograph him on your wall, as a reminder" I am linking this to Mia's theme on Art Journal Journey, which is 'Use a photograph'



4 comments:

Neet said...

This should have been easy but I did not find it so. Glad you came up with a feasible story and a great journal page to illustrate.
Hope you have sorted some out for next time from the list I sent you.
Hugs, Neet xx

My name is Erika. said...

It sounds like Alison really needed her Mom's visit. Your page came out great, and I like the photo you used. It's a little scary though to have that reminder staring at her all the time. But I guess she needs that. Thanks for sharing with us at AJJ. Hugs-Erika

Elkes Lebensglück said...

Great story about the saying and the picture of the girls is great
Happy weekend, hug Elke

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Is it my imagination, or are Alison and Jenny dressed alike. I love how you added the photo of the grandfather so it would be a good fit for Mia's theme at Art Journal Journey. It's a very clever take on the snarky phrase.

Blog Archive