Thursday 12 January 2023

Thursday Journal with Neet

 The snarky words this week are ' Your crazy is showing. You might want to tuck it back in' The twins Beth and Lexi had been asked by their mum to go and visit their Grandparents, their mums parents. They hadn't been since before Christmas and had been putting it off. They found that they were so out of date with the modern ways, a couple of centuries out as far as the girls could see. They decided to try and look their best and met up in the lounge just before setting off. Beth was horrified to see what Lexi was dressed in, nothing matched and she was dressed in all the colours she could think of, none of them co-ordinating. " For goodness sake Lexi, you look ridiculous, you even have odd boots on, what will they think ?      "Well I'm not going to look like the family photograph on the wall if that's what you were expecting" said Lexi, and I like these boots, I have another pair just like them in my wardrobe"   "That ladybird on your head is also silly and why do you have the little cuddly toy that Grandma bought for you in your pocket? I thought she would like to see that I still like it" said Lexi.  "She bought it for you when you were two, you are twenty-six now, you are being ridiculous" said Beth "Your crazy is showing. You might want to tuck it back in"

I am linking this to Mia's theme of Use a photo on Art Journal Journey




6 comments:

Neet said...

A great idea with the story, perfect. Love the page you have done too and the family portrait is a fabulous idea.
Hugs, Neet xx

My name is Erika. said...

I like how you added that photo as a wall photo so you join us at AJJ for Mia's challenge. And fun story again this week too Wendy.I think Lexi is trying to make a statement. Too bad Beth can't just accept it. Thanks for joining us at AJJ, and hope 2023 is treating you well so far. hugs-Erika

Elkes Lebensglück said...

A great story!!!
Your journal piece goes wonderfully with it, great idea! Have good 2023
Hug Elke

Gillena Cox said...

Wow!!! This is fantastic

Much❤love

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I am in awe of your journal page and delighted by the story, too. Poor Lexi. I like her boots and hat, too. If only Beth wouldn't be so judgemental. That is a great entry for Mia's theme at Art Journal Journey, too.

I keep forgetting to ask if I may please add your blog to my left sidebar.

pearshapedcrafting said...

Love your page and I love how Lexi is dressed. I love how you have the family portrait on the wall. Thanks for sharing at AJJ and Mia's theme, hugs, Chrisx

Blog Archive