Thursday 21 July 2022

Thursday Journal with Neet

 Another page for our Thursday Journal and to fit in with my theme on Art Journal Journey which is Doors and/or arches. The words this week are 'My dentist told me I need a crown, I was like, I know, right This is very appropriate for me as I broke a front tooth yesterday. It has been dodgy for a few weeks and now need capping I think. Better that than out.  Alice has taken her friend Jane to the dentists, she hates going to the dentist and is secretly terrified. Perhaps if she went more often it wouldn't be such a trial. Jane sat patiently waiting for her friend skimming through some of the usual magazines they all seem to have, and all out of date which wasn't unusual. When Alice came out she was looking a bit bemused and said to Jane " My dentist told me I need a crown, I was like, I know, right ? Jane then tried to explain to Alice that he meant one of her teeth needed crowning not that she needed a crown for her head. Alice really didn't get it, and could actually show him her crown she had brought with her, as she wanted to wear it for a fancy dress party they were going to, and needed to see if it went with the new outfit she was going to buy.

 I am linking this to my theme on Art Journal Journey.




6 comments:

Neet said...

This is one quote where the stories had to be similar but we have managed to keep them apart this time, sort of.
Lovely picture and great use of two not easy to use images.
Hugs, Neet xx
Hope the garden did not suffer too much in this heat

My name is Erika. said...

Sorry to hear about your tooth Wendy. I love how you named your journal dentist Mr. Pull It. That made me smile. It's a great page and a great door too. You have done so well incorporating doors and arches into these Dylusion quotes. Hope you can get your tooth fixed soon. hugs-Erika

DVArtist said...

Ohhh I am cracking up. I love these friends and the story is brilliant. Have a very nice day today.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Sorry to read about your tooth. An omen for sure. These very different ladies worked quite well with the theme. I loved seeing Dr. Pullit's office door. That had me laughing. Thanks for this really clever back story and entry you gave us for your theme at Art Journal Journey. Yes, I am still laughing, but NOT at your tooth!

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh Wendy, sorry about you own tooth! This page is both funny and clever - what a great way to get the door in! Hugs, Chrisx

Meggymay said...

I hope you manage to get an appointment at the dentist, its hard just now in many areas. Its a fantastic fun page and story.
Yvonne xx

Blog Archive