Thursday 12 May 2022

Thursday Journal with Neet.

' I'm sorry I called you an idiot, I thought you already knew' These are the words this week and Ellie was talking to her friend Mary, who she had recently called an idiot.  Mary was very keen on nature and was a really soft touch when it came to rescuing ill wild life creatures. Ellie was so different and would just take them to the vet, although she did her best to not see injured animals in the first place, as she didn't like touching feathers or fur. She had never had a pet and didn't want one, pretending she was allergic to them. Mary knew differently and her latest rescue was a tiny bird that had fallen out of a nest. The thing about this one was that she had no idea what type it was, and it just grew and grew. The other problem was that it followed her about like a little dog, although she had tried to discourage it. Mary had called it Pickles and it would insist on going to see Ellie with her. "Come on Pickles" she said "lets go and say hello to Ellie" Ellie had seen them coming, and as soon as Mary was near her she said" I'm sorry I called you an idiot, I thought you already knew" I am linking this to Art Journal Journey where Matilde's theme is Birds.



8 comments:

Neet said...

Great page, love the background with it's almost rust-like quality which goes so well with the turquoise. Likewise the two figures work so well against it.
Hugs, Neet xx

My name is Erika. said...

The face on that bird works great here Wendy. The bird's face says it all, and works perfect with that quote. Your Dylusion characters fit the quote too, at least their expressions work. Thanks so much for joining Matilde's challenge at AJJ. Have a wonderful rest of your week. Hugs-Erika

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful page, and another fabulous story. Great colours, too. Hugs, Valerie

Matilde said...

The story is great and the page amaizing! I really love it 😍

DVArtist said...

I love this. You are so talented and funny too.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Sorry to be so late visiting this week. Please forgive me. I loved the story of Ellie and Mary. I also loved Pickles. What a cute and clever bird. Thanks for this really great story and wonderful art you shared with us at Art Journal Journey using Matilde's theme.

Meggymay said...

I thought I left a comment a few days ago, sorry Wendy. I did love this page and the back story. Thank you for linking to Matilde's AJJ theme.
Yvonne xx

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

Fantastic story and illustration. I love how differently you dressed them too. Pickles is adorable, such a sweet expression.

-Soma

Blog Archive