Thursday 28 May 2020

Thursday Journal

This week had me stumped again with the words 'Being happy doesn't mean everything's perfect. It means you decide to see beyond the imperfections'  I had a page ready with a flower background, so can make it my last entry in Art Journal Journey for this month where Mia's theme is Flowers.
The background is Distress oxides with darker shades through a stencil. I thought the figure looks as if she has resigned herself to put up with a few imperfections, although I don't think she found very many as she has a trim figure, colour co-ordinated matching outfit, and a nice pet.


I have been in the garden again this week, trying to get my seedling plants in. The ground is like concrete, and I have to water everything in, takes so long, and really it's too hot most of the day, and by the evening I'm too tired to do any more.
Some pictures taken yesterday in the garden.


 These iris flowers are 9 inches across, and the slugs or snails have chewed through the stem, so it's now in a vase in the sitting room. It smells heavenly.
 James Galway rose
To you with love rose

Unusual coloured rhododendron, a cutting from my garden in Wales.
 Sunset rose
 Christopher Marlow rose

 An unusual foxglove that appeared in my vegetable plot.

6 comments:

Neet said...

Wendy, why on earth did you choose this quote? I found it so difficult to portray. We really do set ourselves some tasks don't we?
I almost used that figure myself - was looking at ways to make her fit on my landscape page but couldn't. Saying that I didn't know what else to put with her or which way to go but I love the explanation you have given to yours.
A lovely page and nowhere near as obscured as mine. Now what is it next week?
Hugs, Neet xx

My name is Erika. said...

That is such a true statement Wendy, and I really like that lady. She looks as though she isn't perfect but happy. And proud of it. But the star for me is really your flowers. Wow. You have some gorgeous blooms. Not much for me yet, but almost. I have some giant buds on many plants. Thanks for joining us at AJJ. ANd happy end of the week. Hugs-Erika

Mia said...

The girl is beautiful and your whole page is a masterpiece, Wendy! I love it!
And I love the flowers in your garden!
Thank you so much for joining again my challenge at AJJ. Kisses!

Heather said...

Another fun page under your belt. Your garden must be looking wonderful - I love the iris and am most envious as I could never grow them. I love foxgloves too and a self set anything is a bonus.

Meggymay said...

A lovely fun page Wendy. I realy liked seeing the photos of your beautiful garden as well.
Stay safe.
Yvonne xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Unbelievably adorable, Wendy. I love how you colored the focal image and her pet. I love that color combination, too. Of course, that background is also lovely and goes nicely with the well heeled woman. Thanks for sharing this with us at Art Journal Journey.

Those are some incredible irises. None of mine bloomed this year, but you had stunners. An I had NO idea there were that many styles of roses, either.

Blog Archive