Thursday 7 May 2020

Thursday journal with Neet



I don't know how to put this nicely, so I won't. These are the words for this week, and I have left doing this until the last minute. Does anyone else find the days slip past without you noticing.
I have done a lot of gardening again this week and some more printing and dyeing on fabric and paper. One throw made and one cushion cover, two more nearly done. I am now making a journal to put my garden news and pictures in. I have printed and dyed the paper for this as well.
This journal page was using a border that I had already done. I added some flowers and leaves, so I can enter this in Art Journal Journey for Mia's theme of flowers
The background is distress ink and the figures coloured with watercolour pens.
The lady on the right is saying the words, as she thinks the other lady looks ridiculous with a posh outfit and then wearing leaves on her head.





 My throw and cushion.



8 comments:

sirkkis said...

Fun and original.
I like how you made the frame on the first creation.

My name is Erika. said...

Your throw and cushion and gorgeous Wendy. I love the colors. I know exactly about how time flies. You get way more done than me but of course I am still online teaching so that takes up a good chunk of my day. And with 2 dogs, vacuuming up dog hair as they are shedding right now. But I try to find even an hour to relax with a book or art. Love today's piece even though it was last minute. The lady on the left looks like she would make that kind of comment for sure. Thanks for linking to AJJ. Hugs-Erika

Meggymay said...

A wonderful fun page Wendy, we do stop ourselves for saying what we think for fear of upsetting folk and hurting their feelings. Just shows how we are mindful of each other.
I have many days not knowing what I actually completed, its getting worse with this lockdown situation.
Your throw and cushion looked beautiful. Thank you for linking up to Mia's theme at Art Journal Journey.
Stay safe.
Yvonne xx

Neet said...

Loving your interpretation of this page - the girl on the left is harmless enough!
I am so glad I am not the only one who thinks the days are going by too quickly - it should be dragging but it isn't and I notice one or two bloggers have said just that - not enough hours in the day for all I want to do.
Hope you and Peter are keeping well and safe as is the rest of your family. Happy Facetiming, especially with the grandees I suspect?
Hugs, Neet (and on to next week ....hmmmm) xx

Heather said...

Beautiful throw and cushion, and as for the ladies on your new page, I can't decide which one is saying the words about the other!

Mia said...

Lovely throw and cushion! And I love your fun page! Thank you so much for entering your beautiful creation in my challenge at AJJ! Kisses!

Karen said...

Beautiful colors in your throw and cushion ~ Enjoy the weekend

Words and Pictures said...

Love the tropical jungle feel of those luscious leaves and flowers and such pretty background colours. And the patchwork is just beautiful.
Alison x

Blog Archive