Friday 26 July 2013

Artful Times Challenge -- Masking

The challenge on Artful Times, is to use masking. Not a method I use very often, so it certainly was a challenge. I decided to use Doolally Dorris for the main image, and as the weather has been so sunny, she was going to go out in the garden in her new green welly boots. I stamped her onto the tag, stamped another on paper, and used that as the mask. I then coloured the background and stamped the tree branches and ferns, over the top of the mask. Dorris then had the distress marker treatment, with her stripey dress. The flowers I stuck on afterwards. I am sure I can do better than this given more time, and 6 days to go through all my stamps and find another suitable one to use as a mask.

7 comments:

Von said...

Love your tag Wendy :)
Von ☺

chrissie said...

Fantastic tag Wendy--lovely summer scene

Chrissie x

Neet said...

You certainly went to town when you were doing this tag with all the overhanging branches and the ferns and flowers. You have done a fantastic job Wendy. This is a superb example of masking - well done!@
Hugs, Neet xx

sam21ski said...

Oooh fab, cheery, bright tag Wendy

Thanks for playing along with us again over at AT - Sam xxx

JennyJ said...

I love your story about Doolally Doris - she's really cute but zany, love what you've done with the foliage - think you've done an admirable job of masking and adding embellishments - great tag Wendy. - makes me want to have a go!!!

Unknown said...

Doolally Doris is lovely! Super example of masking - Cxx

Sandy said...

I love this quirky tag colors and all!
Sandy

Blog Archive