Tuesday 1 February 2011

Angie Hughes course--Fabric tags and block printing










On Angie's course we learnt how to use the printer to transfer backgrounds onto fabric, and words onto tape, which we could then use on our tags.
The first day we tackled fabric tags, and I started two. One was a conventional shape and the other a house shape. The finished ones above are the conventional ones. The house shaped Indian ones will be on a later post. I decided to do vintage (no surprise there) as I had plenty of images I had printed onto fabric, and enough lace to make it worthwhile. The ones that are landscape measure 7" x 4", and the smaller portrait ones 6" x 3" I am waiting for some large eyelets to come before I can put the larger one together.
I will blog the printed fabric in with the Indian tags.

7 comments:

Heather said...

Gorgeous tags Wendy. You got so much done on Angie's course and have a fantastic collection of tags.

Meggymay said...

Wow, they are all gorgeous Wendy, I love your vintage pieces.

Netty said...

Fantastic selection of tags. x

Jan said...

These are beautiful Wendy..... such lovely delicate colours. You 'do' vintage so well and it looks as though you enjoyed making them. Jan x

Femmy said...

gorgeous tags!! love them all!

Unknown said...

These are stunning - what a wonderful course to go on. And be able to print tape on a standard printer sounds perfec

Annie said...

Love your vintage look.

Blog Archive