Thursday 26 October 2023

Thursday journal with Neet

 The last week for Neet's theme of 'In gear’  on Art Journal Journey and this week the saying is 'Of course I talk to myself, sometimes I need an expert opinion.' Ruth was talking to her older sister about a forthcoming event at her youth club. Her sister Judith was a bit above herself, considered that at the age of eighteen she was grown up and could have the only right opinion about everything, even if it was not popular. Ruth wasn't going to ask her any questions that would start of an argument about who was right so just kept it to a general chat about the event that the club was holding for a local charity. The competition for this month was for the most unusual hat and Ruth had made her own out of scraps of things in her craft room, and it hadn't cost her a penny. She was really pleased with it, but didn't really mind if she didn't win, it had been fun to make. "  I suppose you want me to give my opinion about your hat for the competition" asked Judith. In the meantime Ruth had been chatting away to herself, which prompted Judith to ask if Ruth was talking to her or to herself. Ruth's immediate answer was " Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need an expert opinion" In other words Ruth had no confidence in Judiths crafting abilities at all, and didn't want to know what she thought of it.



4 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

Nice story and page this week. You and Neet both did great at using gears, which aren't always easy with Dylusion characters and TH quotes. I like this page. Thanks for sharing it with us at AJJ. Happy rest of your week. hugs-Erika

Neet said...

Well, she is certainly wearing her gear in a different way. I think the skirt made up of ties is a great example of someone who thinks outside the box but maybe her choice of top is a bit weird. It always reminds me of someone going golfing.
Thank goodness it was a comparatively easy quote this week for us to use. You nailed it this time.
Thanks for bringing some gears in at the top of your page to match in with my theme at AJJ. Wonder what next week will have in store?
Hugs, Neet xx

Gillena Cox said...

LOL very nice

Much💛love

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful page and comment! And great how you incorporated the gears for your AJJ challenge! Hugs, Valerie

Blog Archive