Thursday 8 June 2023

Thursday Journal with Neet

The saying this week is 'I miss you like an idiot misses the point' Adam had just come home on leave from a tour of duty with the RAF and could hardly wait to see his girlfriend Liz. He had been rather remiss in not writing to her or sending emails or text messages, but didn't think that would be a problem. Obviously Adam didn't know women very well as he found out as soon as he arrived at Liz's flat. "Hi Liz, great to see you" Adam said. He had hardly come through the front door and the atmosphere was not good. Having not said a word Liz turned her back on him. Adam then went from bad to worse as he next words were " I bet you missed me" Liz was really annoyed by now and the only thing she could utter was " I miss you like an idiot misses the point. Adan realised he had made a huge mistake and thought the best way was to leave and let a few days go by before trying again.


 The theme on Art Journal Journey this month is 'All about numbers' set by Matilde of Craftowanie.

8 comments:

Elkes Lebensglück said...

great story and fabulous imaginative page!
Have a good week, hug Elke

Valerie-Jael said...

Love this, fabulous page and fun story. Thanks for linking to AJJ, much appreciated! Hugs, Valerie

Matilde said...

It's really great! Have a nice weekend, Wendy 🥰

Sharon Fritchman said...

This is such a fun and fabulous art journal page, Wendy. I love your creative story behind it, too. And your use of numbers! Thanks!! Sharon

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oooh, Liz has the look that says it all - I'm sure they'll make up soon. Thanks for sharing this fun page at Art Journal Journey, hugs Chrisx

My name is Erika. said...

Adam certainly doesn't understand women at all, does he? This is a fun page for this week's quote and I like how you added the head to Adam. And used numbers too. Sorry it's taken me a few days to visit as I just came home from Iceland last night. I hope you are having a lovely weekend, and thanks for joining us for MAtilde's challenge at AJJ.hugs-Erika

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

It's obvious Liz is not happy and I don't blame her. Love that background you created. It's ideal for Matilde's theme at AJJ, dear Wendy.

Neet said...

You nailed this one. I enjoyed the different story and love the man in your life (well on your page). Great!
Hope to be back with you next week
Hugs, Neet xx

Blog Archive