Thursday 13 April 2023

Thursday Journal with Neet

 'She could see no good reason to act her age' are the snarky comments from Tim Holtz this week. I used Distress oxides on the background with a stencil to give it some texture. To comply with Elizabeths theme of Recycle, reuse, repurpose  on Art Journal Journey. I have used some old newspaper and a photocopy of some pebbles that I have been working on in my stones journal.

Amy had been staying with her Grandparents for the weekend and had just been brought home. As soon as her dad asked her if she enjoyed the visit  Amy said "yes but their bungalow is all painted white or cream and it's really boring. Grandma and grandad are really sweet, but they don't really understand children any more" Her dad said, "Well you wait and see what mum has done to our bedroom, you will be really surprised" Amy could hardly wait to see it and was somewhat surprised when she entered the bedroom.  "Good grief Mum it looks like a teenager's room, not for people your age, it's awful"  "Well I like it and it will look better when I've finished painting the pebbles on the skirting board and painted the wooden flooring . At the moment it's covered in newspaper so I don't splash the wrong colours on it. "For goodness sake Mum grow up" said Amy. Her mum just shrugged her shoulders and could see no good reason to act her age.



5 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

This is such a true story. Or at least what kids would say. They want you to be young but not young. Smile. And I love how you recycled the floor too. Using newspaper is such a great idea. And perfect for Elizabeth's challenge at AJJ. Thanks so much for linking up. And I hope your week is going well. hugs-Erika

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This is a fun story, Wendy. SO different from Neet's. I laughed at the girl who felt her grandparents were "colorless," yet was stunned to see how colorful her mother was. This was a fun entry and I like how you recycled the newspaper and repurposed the stone off cut. Thanks for sharing this with us using Bleubeard's and my theme at Art Journal Journey. LOVE the wall color!

Neet said...

I love the ideas you had for the background to your page - the newspaper floor linos in perfectly with your narrative.
Great story.
Hugs, Neet xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

This really is a great AJJ page. I love how you got the newspaper in there. Your story was fun. Thanks so much for sharing at AJJ, hugs, Chrisx

Aimeslee Winans said...

Ha, love the story and your page. That child is starting early! I'd ignore her opinions and when she asks why, explain I only respond to tactful commentary! I'd be a mean grandma for sure, haha. XXO

Blog Archive