Thursday 5 December 2019

Thursday Journal page with Neet

'I do not have ducks, or a row. I have squirrels, and they are at a rave' Not an easy one to do, in the end I went for the two figures.  The one on the left has the squirrels and her friend looks somewhat bemused by her. She probably has three ceramic ducks on the wall at home.
Gosh, one of my friends parents when I was young had some, I remember them well.
On Sunday I finished making 52 Christmas cards, so on Monday we went to Worcester to buy 30 Charity cards, as I couldn't face making any more. We also had a very large unicorn balloon blown up with helium for my granddaughter who was 6 yesterday.
I then suffered four excited girls and three slightly quieter boys for three hours. I slept really well last night for a change.


2 comments:

Heather said...

I can understand this one being a challenge, but you rose to it. Love the colours and details. Those ducks were all the rage in the 30s, I can remember seeing them in someone's house.
As I get older my Christmas card list is growing smaller and I am lazy and no longer make mine, but it is lovely to receive a handmade card.
Nothing like a child's party to ensure a good night's sleep!

Neet said...

Love the two main colours on your page. Great figures. They really stand out against that background.
Was there a mistake in the words? I changed it to "ducks IN a row" - now I am unsure.
With you on the cards - I only do handmade for people who want them.
Hugs, Neet xx

Blog Archive