Sunday 31 March 2019

Art Journal Journey - Having Fun

It is my pleasure to be hosting Art Journal Journey this month and the theme I have chosen is 'Having Fun" Most of my pages will be of the family as they do have fun. This is the first one, and is of one of my daughter's on holiday with us in Cornwall with her two German Shepherd dogs. The male (Blake) who was a rescue dog hadn't seen the sea or a beach before and was very dubious about gets more than his paws wet. He also couldn't understand that when he dug a hole in the sand, it filled up with water. It didn't do it home when he dug the lawn up !!
My page is distress inked, and stamped with some of my seaside stamps, with a map and images of the dogs added.










7 comments:

Heather said...

I love these pages. They are so personal and full of happy family memories, and beautifully created.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm going to have fun with this theme, Wendy. We are SO excited to see you as the host of Art Journal Journey for April. I'm really looking forward to this and we hope, as a first time host, you will enjoy it, too.

froebelsternchen said...

I love those pages - your sand and sea looks so real and the whole layout is just beautiful - and to top all your added handwriting makes it perfect! The dogs had for sure FUN at the beach as I can see here and Blake have learnt something new to him. Such a fun little story. A great idea to bring this onto an Art Journaling spread!
Our dogs ( both Ridgebacks) are so different concerning water. One of them - ( the girl) is completely water - shy, would call her hydrophobic, whereas the boy likes water . He isn't an enthusiastic swimmer but when one of the family members takes to the water he always comes with us. I think he just wants to patronize us,or maybe he has fun being with us, lol!
Have FUN this month dear Wendy!I will have it for sure!
I am looking forward to your collection and all the ideas folk at AJJ will come up with!
Thank you for supporting our challenge and being our April hostess!

Happy April! Happy new week ! Happy AJJ!

Susi

Gibby Frogett said...

Love your pages Wendy for your 'having fun' theme - and it certainly looks like the dogs were having a fab time. The digging up the lawn made me smile - I wonder how many holes were dug before the penny dropped.
Have a great April..... Gill x

My name is Erika. said...

This looks like a fun way to start a new challenge Wendy! Love the happy pups!

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Such a great theme, and wonderful spread!

Thank you for the inspiration ~ I'm looking forward to what makes manifest in my journal!

Meggymay said...

A great theme Wendy and you shared a fantastic inspiration spread for us. The dogs do look like they are having a good play .
Yvonne xx

Blog Archive