Wednesday 24 August 2016

Journal page -- Scottish Brochs

With very little equipment I have managed with great difficulty a tip in journal page. I will attach it to my journal when I get home. I will also do a bit of stamping on it.
I have used a pamphlet of the pictish brochs of which there are 500 in Scotland I have put some information on my page. We went to see one of the most complete ones near Glenelg.
For the main background I used a scrap page that I had used to ink on. I adhered some pictures from some brochures on the Broch that was near us in Applecross .
When I arrived home I stuck the page in a journal after inking and stamping the background. I also added a pocket at the side to put more information in.

I am entering this in  :             Try it on Tuesday  -- Book pages, and

                                             Mixed Media Monthly Challenge -- Travel






Dun Telve at Glenelg, one of the most complete one in Scotland.







7 comments:

Linsey R said...

OH wow! This is SO fabulous, Wendy!!!
I love how you captured the feel of your Scotland adventure here. All the texture is really amazing and lends itself to the allure of this wonderful historic relic! Thanks so much for sharing your work with us for this month's "Travel" themed Mixed Media Monthly Challenge blog!!

chrissie said...

This is amazing a Wendy and what a wonderful place to have visited

Love Chrissie xx

Heather said...

I nearly missed this wonderful journal page. I am fascinated by brochs but have never seen one. I love everything about your journal page and the completed journal will be stunning.

Meggymay said...

The photos are lovely and such an interesting place to visit. Thank you for sharing the wonderfully detailed journal spread with us at TioT's this time.
Yvonne xx

froebelsternchen said...

A fantastic pages and photos! Thank you for joining us at TIOT!
oxo Susi

Lula said...

Love your journal pages Wendy! Thanks for playing along with us over at TIOT this time.

Clare said...

A marvellous journal page Wendy, thank you for taking part in the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge. Hugs, Clare DT X X X

Blog Archive