Monday 23 September 2013

Artful times Challenge 38 - Scrap art

On Artful times, we were challenged to use up our scraps. So, rather than go pull up some weeds in the garden, I tackled an 8" x 8" canvas that has been lurking in my craft room since 2008 when I did a class at Ally Pally. I hated the canvas and ripped all the stuff off it. I decided to use up all the bits left over from the class with Finnabair, and this time use a photograph of my mum. I would have taken it to the class if I'd been organised enough. I glued on all the strips of canvas and lace first, and added some cogs and numbers. I cut out the photo and placed it in position. All the chunky bits were then added and the whole thing painted with gesso. I spayed on the colours, and when dry dry brushed some more gesso to dull the colours a bit. Finally I rubbed on some copper Treasure gold. That just about finished up all the bits I had left over.



3 comments:

Heather said...

No-one would dream you had used up bits and pieces to create this canvas. What a lovely woman your Mum was - maybe still is.

Meggymay said...

Looks gorgeous, love the details. A wonderful way to frame your mums photo.
Yvonne

Neet said...

Wendy, this is stunning! And what a beautiful lady your mum was.
Thanks for joining us at Artful Times, especially with this canvas.
Hugs, Neet xx

Blog Archive