Friday 12 March 2010

Chunky Beeswax










































































I foolishly let myself in for a chunky beeswax book that a lady in Australia is hosting. There is now wax everywhere. My melt pot was on overtime, because as usual I made some extras to keep.
I collaged the main page with backing papers, napkins and images, and then on some added flowers etc I then added some extra wax and stamped into it to give some texture, and brushed Perfect pearls on various parts, especially the textured bits.

7 comments:

Heather said...

These images are all beautiful Wendy - I love the translucent layers. It sounds a fantastic technique and I can quite understand that once you started, you couldn't stop! I haven't got a melting pot but am seriously tempted to get one.

Maureen said...

Lovely Wendy - now no more joining, you have stitching to do!!

chris f said...

How fabulous - they all look stunning.
I'm hosting a melt-pot play day soon so I expect my kitchen table may acquire a few waxy stains! I may get everyone to look here for inspiration!

Femmy said...

what a fabulous collection!! love all of them!!!

Lorraine said...

Looks as if you are having fun Wendy! Art swaps are such fun. Thanks for your kind comments on my blog.

My name is Cindy said...

Wow you have been busy Wendy and these are rather special! I have used beeswax but not quite on this scale lol. I love the layers you have achieved.

DF - Heidi said...

beautiful and sooooo tactile

Blog Archive