Saturday 24 November 2018

Zig Zag book for homework

This another piece of work for our homework with our mono prints. I made a stencil/mask from patterned wallpaper which gave me a textured effect., and a half pear to use as a stamp. I stamped the images at random and used the positive and negative of my mask on a gelli plate. I then cut up the prints and put them in a khadi paper accordion book and did some machine sewing on them. I used some more khadi paper for the back of the book and did more sewing on them before sticking them on the back of the book. Therefore the sewing did not show on the back of either side. The page is not pink, the photograph has made it so. The background is white.

I am adding this to Art Every Day Month Day






Day 23 of Art Every Day Monthhttp://creativeeveryday.com/

6 comments:

johanna said...

this is absolutely FANTASTIC!! i love the motifs as well as the printing, and i love leporellos! outstanding! xox

Heather said...

A simple idea but such interesting designs. I might have to try something similar.

Meggymay said...

The printing looks fantastic and I love how you created the accordion book.
Am I right in thinking you used an actual pear to print with, that was a great idea.
Yvonne xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm really impressed with your prints. The monochromatic color is perfect and turning these into a mini leporello was genius. I love it. That must be some fabulous workshop, Wendy.

TammyVitale said...

i would never think to use a pear as a stamp. You have instantly widened my inspiration around stamping! thank you!

You book is wonferful!

My name is Erika. said...

The pink background really makes these pears so dramatic! This is gorgeous Wendy. Happy rest of your weekend Hugs-Erika

Blog Archive