Thursday, 21 October 2021

Thursday journal with Neet

 Neet has come up with a few more Dyan quotes and the first one is "The journey is the start of the adventure" I have used my small flip journal this time, as all the pages in my large one are the wrong colour to fit in with Tracey's theme of My favourite colour is October on Art Journal Journey.                  Angie has suggested to her friend Paula that they go on an adventure. First of all we have to go on a bit of a long walk and at the end of this walk there is the most incredible haunted house, she explains to a somewhat dubious Paula. How far and how do we get there, Paula wants to know. Well, says Angie we go through the old churchyard and then - hold on interrupts Paula, I'm not walking through any churchyard, far too spooky, especially that one. Oh for goodness sake don't be such a baby Paula, think of it this way The journey is the start of the adventure, you will love it when we get there, it's magical. Well you can jolly well go on your own, I'll sit on this pumpkin and wait for you.

Sunday, 17 October 2021

Art Journal Journey - My favourite colour is October.

 An oak page for Tracey's theme on Art Journal Journey, where the theme is My favourite colour is October. I have stamped the oak leaves and quote on separate card , coloured the edges and used a walnut ink on the background before sticking the cards on.

Friday, 15 October 2021

Paint Party Friday Week 31 Year 11

It's the turn of the grey wagtail this week on Paint Party Friday. The great wagtail is the largest of the wagtail family in the UK, and is usually found near water. If you look closely you will see one on the photos below. It was catching small insects in the rill going into our koi pond.


Thursday, 14 October 2021

Thursday Journal with Neet

 The words this week are " I never insult anyone, I just describe them accurately" This is the last of Dyan's quotes, the next ones are some that Neet has found. We have given Dyan's a good run and need a break. Amy and Ellie are having a nice Autumnal walk in their local park and have stopped for a while to admire the lovely colours. Sitting on the bollards they are discussing some of their friends and what they might be doing on such a lovely day. Ellie is much younger than Amy and listened in horror as Amy began describing their friends. saying how much time they waste on the internet and how a good walk would do them all a lot of good. It will ruin their eyesight, too much screen time and all those harmful things you can get from the blue light that computers give out. I think they are sad, and need to get a real life instead of all the rubbish they watch says Amy. Ellie think Amy is being very unfair and tells her so. Amy's reaction to that is "I never insult anyone, I just describe them accurately"                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

I am linking this to Tracey's theme on Art Journal Journey which is My favourite colour is October 

Tuesday, 12 October 2021

Art Journal Journey - My favourite colour is October.

 On Art Journal Journey Tracey's theme is My favourite colour is October. Another page for Tracey's theme. A distress oxide background, with stamped and die cut leaves. There are four strips of washi tape at the bottom and a stamped saying. Not very pleased with this one as I was struggling with very thin paper in the book. I have now glued several pages together and if that doesn't work I will have to buy some more  (proper) journal books. Who needs an excuse though --- not me.

Saturday, 9 October 2021

Art Journal Journey - My favourite colour is October

Art Journal Journey - My favourite colour is October is the theme set by lovely Tracey for this month. I love the Autumn colours and the picture top right set me off on this page. The colours were just right so I coloured and collaged the rest of the page to go with it. The hedgehogs will soon be collecting the fallen leaves to make a nest too hibernate in. We have been feeding at least two all summer and have a hedgehog house all ready for them. I need to top it up with leaves but they are too wet at the moment. The top left is some information about them. I have added some die cut leaves and two small tags.I am also linking this to Try it on Tuesday where the theme is Autumn blessings.

Friday, 8 October 2021

Tag Tuesday - Purple and orange

 On Tag Tuesday Pinky has chosen a colour challenge of Purple and Orange. I covered the tag with a wet wipe that I had cleaned a stamp with and just enhanced the purple with some ink. The leaves are die cuts.

Blog Archive