Wednesday, 30 September 2015

Tag Tuesday -- Nature's bounty.

This was a great tag to do as I love trees and leaves. The top of the tag is corrugated card with a leaf cut out of it. I backed this with another tag with a leaf embossed where the cut out was. Both are coloured with  distress inks with some gold embossing.I then added some cut out and painted vilene leaves, acorns a, conker, and dried seeds from lime, and sycamore trees. A few seeds from the garden finished it off.

Monday, 28 September 2015

Dyan Reaveley style journal pages.

After going on a Dyan Reaveley workshop I am now trying to fill not one but three art journals. The idea behind this is to work on one page, and it dries do a page in another one. At this moment in time I have lots of painted and inked pages with very little on them. Here are a few of the finished or nearly finished pages. The top one is in the large journal with pockets for tags. The others are in the smaller ones. I will put some more on later in the week.

Every Inchie Monday -- Hotel

Not an easy one again this week, and I have made two very quick ones, both in black and white. The stampbord one is a collection of shrink plastic hotel adverts. The sewn one is the hotel symbol.

Saturday, 26 September 2015

Fabric accordion book

I went to stay with a friend for a few days and we made an Autumn accordion book. The base is pelmet vilene, covered with tea dyed fabric, lace and organza. Some of the pages I stamped a few images with tea dye distress ink. The leaves are cut out from pelmet vilene and painted with acrylic paints, and sewn on with free machine embroidery. We printed some Autumn sayings onto fabric and added them to the pages.

Monday, 21 September 2015

Tag Tuesday -- Something old something new

This theme on Tag Tuesday gave me the opportunity to make another fabric tag. I used an image of someone young and someone older, some old lace, some new lace. I finished the tag with some new and old buttons and some ric rac braid.

Every Inchie Monday -- Myth

This week the theme was slightly easier, but getting a sewn Nesssie and a dragon on an inch was a challenge. I used to live near Loch Ness, and although some of the locals claimed to have seen Nessie, we never did. As they don't seem to be able to find a bottom to the loch, who knows what's there, just a myth perhaps !! The sewn one I used too light a shade of green so not very well defined. The dragon is shrink plastic.

Tuesday, 15 September 2015

Tag Tuesday -- White space

I'm wasn't sure what was required with this title so went for a completely white fabric tag. There are different types of white fabric, yarn flowers and beads. The base is pelmet vilene.

Monday, 14 September 2015

Every Inchie Monday -- Rhythm

I didn't like this one at all, it was not easy to portray.
 For the sewn one I made an African drum, and for the stampbord one three African  ladies dancing in rhythm. Well that was the idea anyway.

Tuesday, 8 September 2015

Tag Tuesday -- I remember when

I remember when I was a child and we went to the Lincolnshire coast for our main holiday. We met friends there and spent our time collecting shells, building sand boats, playing cricket and ball games, and building sand castles. I'm sure the weather was better then, but I am going back to the 40's and 50's.
On my tag, there is a picture of me sitting in the sand with my spade. One of my late parents and brother and a friend outside our beach hut, I'm the one on the right. The middle one is of one of our sand boats, waiting for the sea to wash it away.
The tag is distress inks with some stamping.

Monday, 7 September 2015

Every inchie Monday -- Ear

As I didn't fancy drawing the human ear, I decided to do an ear of corn. I have some growing in the garden and just love eating the cobs dripping with butter -- well the corn must be good for you, it's a vegetable. Not sure about the butter though.

Tuesday, 1 September 2015

Tag Tuesday -- Blues and browns

One of my favourite colour combinations on Tag Tuesday this week. The background is distress inks splattered with water. I then coloured some embossing paste with the same colour of distress ink and applied it through a stencil. I then added various flowers and tiny acorns, with a friendly plastic butterfly to finish off.

Blog Archive