Monday, 17 October 2011

Felted and embroidered fabric

I thought it was time my embellisher came out of hiding, so set about making some fabric to make things with later. I felted onto pre felt , and then placed layers of organza on top. I then used machine embroidery, and straight stitching to hold it all together. I then heated it with a heat gun to distress the fabric. So far I have made a phone case for a friend, and will make a book cover with the larger piece.

Yet another page

Page 9 was 'Pressed flowers', which didn't really inspire me much. Luckily I had two clay green men pieces, which I worked round. The flowers are real, but the oak leaves are die cuts. The background was made using a Tim Holtz embossing folder. Not one of my best pages.

Blog Archive