Wednesday, 31 October 2012

Artful Times No 16 Brown, orange and white

As usual I made a tag or two, but ended up not liking them very much. So, I decided to put one in my Autumn journal. The paper is wallpaper lining paper, and ripped on the side edges. I coloured them in a mixture of distress stains and inks. Some are stenciled with a spray ink, and others with distress. This one is just coloured and sprayed. The tag is embossed with leaves, and an ink rubbed lightly on top. The leaves are also embossed and coloured with distress inks.
I stamped the images with Adirondack and Brilliance inks.
If you click onto the picture, you can read the verse.

This is the other 'didn't like tags, but put it in for the records sake. My scanner is bouncing the light from the inks, so it is much brighter in reality.

Sunday, 14 October 2012

Artful Times challenge Fur and feathers

I have made two for this challenge as I couldn't make up my mind whether to do fur or feathers. I haven't used my favourite cat stamp for ages, so used that on one of them, and a raven on the other. Both tags were inked with distress stains, and sprayed with a mica spray. The raven I stamped on the tag, and then stamped another onto card and stuck it on top, but left the wings free, so its 3D. It was also embossed with black.
The spider on the cat one is a 3D plastic one. The rest was stamped with black Versafine.

French knots

I am hosting a fabric ATC swap, and the ATC has to have French knots on it. I was a bit stumped as to what to do, which is silly as I chose the stitch in the first place. In the end I dipped into my bit box and then cut out some flower shapes on the big shot. I did French knots in the middle of the flowers and then random ones all over the ATC. I did the knots at my daughters in between packing boxes for her forthcoming move. I must get more hand stitching things on the go, as it's really handy to have something to do that doesn't involve ink, stamps and card. I feel a fabric book coming on. I made more than I needed, as I like a few spares at hand to give away.

Another scrimmy piece

This time I decided to make something useful with my last largish scrimmy piece. The first stage was to push some puff paint through a thermofax screen onto the scrim. When this was dry the scrim was distressed, and placed onto the pelmet vilene with gesso painted quite thickly on top. The whole thing was painted with white acrylic paint. When this was dry I painted it the colour I wanted. This seemed to hold everything together, and I then did some embroidery on it, and sewed on some beads.
I then mounted the finished panel onto some batik fabric and made it into a cover for my sample book.  

Monday, 1 October 2012

Artful Times challenge postcard with letters / script

I have made two, as it made such a change to work on a postcard for this challenge, as my workroom is fast filling up with tags.
The green postcard I covered with some tissue I had used to spray ink on something else, I never throw anything out. I stamped various images with sewing type themes and  then attached some metal scissors, some measure tape, a home made button (card) dangling from a reel of thread and a sewing thread brad.

On the white on, which was also covered with tissue that had been lightly sprayed, I stamped some sewing images. I stapled on some fabric samples, and added some home made friendly plastic buttons, and some metal scissors.
 These might end up in a journal at some point, but don't hold your breath.

Blog Archive