Sunday, 14 October 2012

Another scrimmy piece

This time I decided to make something useful with my last largish scrimmy piece. The first stage was to push some puff paint through a thermofax screen onto the scrim. When this was dry the scrim was distressed, and placed onto the pelmet vilene with gesso painted quite thickly on top. The whole thing was painted with white acrylic paint. When this was dry I painted it the colour I wanted. This seemed to hold everything together, and I then did some embroidery on it, and sewed on some beads.
I then mounted the finished panel onto some batik fabric and made it into a cover for my sample book.  

2 comments:

Cath Wilson said...

Ooh, don't know about scrimmy but it's certainly scrummy! Gorgeous, gorgeous colours - love them x

Jean Straw said...

This is a gorgeous colour and I love all the beads and texture. So nice to make it into something useful for your self. Jean x

Blog Archive