Thursday 25 July 2024

Thursday journal with Neet

 The words this week are ‘I can and I will... watch me ’ I am having a real nightmare with this computer 
and Blogger  in particular as it won't let me load my scan. I am using my phone to take a picture and upload that. 
Alice had gone round to see her sister Maureen who is a very good dressmaker and was making herself a dress for a party. When Alice arrived it was to see her sister's tailors dummy dressed in a mock up of the dress Maureen was going to make. "I presume that is the dress you are making for the party. It's a bit glittery on the top isn't it, and it doesn't go with the fabric of the skirt" she remarked. "Well" said Maureen "I think it's OK and I like it. I must find some gold shoes to go with it and a strapless bra." "Goodness it sounds worse by the minute" surely you won't dare wear it, it will look out of place in someones house, it's not a ball or cocktail party you are going to" said Alice.
"If that's a dare, then I can and I will.....watch me.

I am linking this to Halle's theme of 'I've got a notion' on Art Journal Journey


6 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

I love how you managed a story to match Halle's challenge, especially when the computer is being difficult. Adding that dress makers form with the unmatched dress on it is a great addition. Thanks for joining AJJ. Hugs-Erika

Valerie-Jael said...

Your story isy fabulous, as always, and I love the journal page. And the addition of the dress form really qualifies for Halle's challenge at AJJ. Thanks so much. My internet is very slow today, it took ages to type a post! Hugs!

Halle said...

I'm totally loving the stories that accompany the art! Too fun!

Gillena Cox said...

BRAVO!!! nice one

much♡love

Neet said...

A lovely story and picture to go with it. I love the hat! (Me and fascinators go like chalk and cheese LOL). Great idea to use the dummy and dress it up like that.
Sorry about the computer, I'm having no trouble with mine at the moment but my back is dreadful even with max codeine etc. Fed up!
Hugs, Neet xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Sorry for your blogger problems. I had to find a way to work around the "cloud."

Loved the story and the dressmaker's dummy. This is a wonderful entry for both challenges and especially for Halle's theme at AJJ.

Blog Archive