Thursday 13 June 2024

Thursday Journal with Neet

 'Good Morning, no such thing' are the words this week. 

Millie and Lexi are sisters and they went downstairs for their breakfast, and greeted their Mum with " Good morning" as they do every morning. This morning it proved not to be a good idea, as no sooner had they said that, than Mum answered with "Good morning, no such thing" Wondering what on earth had gone wrong Millie braved asking her what was making her mad. " your cats that's what's wrong "their Mum answered. "I knew it was a mistake letting you have cats and one of them killed a bird this morning and then ate it" "Well it wasn't mine" Millie said quickly. "And it wasn't mine" said Lexi. "You know how much I love the birds and I am really upset" said their Mum, "and I know it was one of them as I just vacuumed up the feathers in the hall" The girls looked horrified and immediately looked at their own cat for telltale signs of murdered bird. Millie's cat Smokey a lovely grey cat with blue eyes was looking very pointedly at Lexi's ginger tom. Lexi had failed to notice that Ginger was licking his mouth and looking innocently at her. "I think it's pretty obvious which cat did it" said their Mum, but it's hopeless telling them off as I suppose it's in their nature, but it doesn't make it any less upsetting. "Sorry" said Lexi perhaps it was Ginger as he is looking a bit guilty"

I love cats, and I also love birds and do get upset when our cat catches a bird, but apart from keeping them in all the time you just have to let nature take it's course. Ours is a very good mouse killer though- so a bonus.

I am linking this to Matilda's theme on Art Journal Journey with a theme of what makes you happy.



3 comments:

Neet said...

Great story and picture. As soon as i read the word "cats" I began picturing your gingers. I guessed this was linked a little to real life and it brought back happy memories of your lovely cats. Now I am wondering which one is left?
Such a shame that cats do this but I suppose they are hunters by nature. Isn't it great when they bring you the bird as a present - not!
Hugs, Neet xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Love your story, and it's sad when cats kill birds, or mice or whatever. I always had house cats which didn't go out and couldn't kill them- My balcony was netted in, so they could stay outside and watch all that was going on. Hugs, Valerie

My name is Erika. said...

Oh no, the poor bird. But's that's what birds do, right? It's a good story though, and poor Mom. Nice page too. I'm glad you were able to link it up to Matilde's challenge at AJJ. Have a super weekend Wendy. hugs-Erika

Blog Archive