Thursday 6 June 2024

Thursday Journal with Neet

Don't be afraid to tell someone how you feel, bonus points if you make them cry. These are the words this week from Dyan from Dylusions. I am also linking this to Matilde's of 100% Handmade/Craftowanie's   theme of 'What makes you happy on Art Journal Journey. On this page what makes me happy are the cats and using stencils.

Avril and Jenny were having a serious chat about boy friends and as usual they ended up having a bit of a grumble about them. Avril said "that hers was ok when they went out as long as he didn't meet any of his friends. he then acted like a silly teenager and it was most embarrassing. I really think it was time he grew up, after all he is 20 now" Jenny was annoyed with hers as he kept calling her doll, OK she did look young for her age but she felt she was quite mature. "Perhaps you should dress more maturely, less of the full skirt dresses and Ringlets, you do only look like a young teenager you know"said Avril  The two cats listened to this exchange with interest, it was like being at Wimbledon with their heads going from one of the girls to the other. "Oh" said Jenny getting quite upset. " Don't be afraid to tell someone how you feel, bonus points if you make them cry, replied Jenny in her most sarcastic voice.




5 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

This week's quote reminds me of my niece. When she was young she used to say Make her/him cry. I don't think she understood exactly what it meant as she was under 5, and now she is sweet. This is a great page, and I like your story and the cats too. Thanks for joining Matilde's challenge. hugs-Erika

Neet said...

Lovely to see some of the older Dylusion stamps being used. I need to get stamping some images out before long and then a lot of cutting out will be in order.
Lovely page and great story Wendy, not easy to marry this one in with the story but I keep saying to myself "it's a challenge" to use the quote with whatever.
Hugs, Neet xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Love your story and journal page. Words can sometimes wound more deeply than weapons. Have a great weekend, hope you soon manage to sell your house. Hugs, Valerie

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You had me at cats, then you hooked me in with the story. I can actually visualize the cats looking back and forth at the two girls. Not an 4easy challenge, but you certainly managed it well. Thanks for joining Matilde's theme and sharing it with us at Art journal Journey.

Matilde said...

Using stencils make me happy as well 🥰 I'm glad you joined my challenge at AJJ 😊 Thank you for sharing your beautiful page!

Blog Archive