Tuesday 6 November 2018

Tag Tuesday -- Poppies

This fortnight it's my turn to host the swap on Tag Tuesday. As it is the 100th anniversary of the end of the First World War, I have chosen poppies as my theme. My Grandfather fought at Gallipoli and the North African desert, so it's a theme close to my heart. I also love poppies, and have ended up with a garden that won't grow them.
You don't have to go down that road, painted, collaged, die cut poppies will be great. Do your own thing, mine are just to give you some inspiration.
The top one is composed of images and die cuts, the bottom one die cuts, both on distress inked backgrounds.
I am also entering this in Art Every Day Month http://creativeeveryday.com/creativeeveryday/2018/11/art-every-day-month-day-6-3.html



9 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

Great theme Wendy. Poppies are really beautiful. I love these tags. Hugs-Erika

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous tags Wendy! Hugs, Valerie

Heather said...

Wonderful tags Wendy - perfect for this time of year and this year in particular.

Cath Wilson said...

Great choice of theme, Wendy - I love poppies and the sight of them at this time of year is so poignant. It must be all the more so, with your family link.

Great collage :-)

Cath x

Meggymay said...

Two fabulous tags Wendy, its a super theme.
Yvonne xx

chrissie said...

Beautiful tags Wendy and a great theme to choose

Love Chrissie xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I had planned to stop by earlier, Wendy, but I got really sick yesterday. Poppies are SO appropriate this time of year, and even more so now that we will soon be celebrating the centennial of the end of WWI. AHH, to own a die cutter. You did a great job with your dies.

I have been told that poppies only grow if you constantly disturb the soil, like what happened in the battlefields in WWI. Maybe that is why you can't grow them in your garden. Regardless, your tags are beautiful and great examples of poppies, too. Again, sorry I'm late visiting from AEDM.

Linda Kunsman said...

these are both so beautiful Wendy. A lovely theme along with my favorite flower.

pearshapedcrafting said...

Both of your tags are beautiful! I only get yellow or orange poppies in our catavan garden! Chrisx

Blog Archive