Monday 18 February 2013

Every Inchie Monday - Broom

This week the subject is Broom, which can be interpreted in two ways,  a broom to sweep with, and the shrub broom, which grows wild around here. An inch doesn't give you a lot of room, so my first attempts went in the bin. I eventually managed to make a small broom out of the top of a cocktail stick, and some strange fibers I had. I think this type of broom is known as a besom. I cut up some magazine pictures of Autumn colours to represent leaves. Not very chuffed with this one.

6 comments:

House of Bears said...

We like the leaves being swept away by your broom :)

freebird7100 said...

I think you should be chuffed with this one. I forgot about the word besom, not a word I had heard since I used to live in England. Nice to have the memory, thanks for that & thanks for the great job on the broom!

SanDee1899 said...

Wow this is fabolous! Such a creative and oustanding idea and work done! WOW
XOXO
SanDee

chrissie said...

Looks great Wendy and a difficult subject to tackle this week. Mine looks very similar to your-must post it in a minute.

Love Chrissie xx

hazel said...

A great take on the theme Wendy, I love the idea of the broom sweeping the leaves away.
xxx Hazel.

Deidre Maree B. said...

Love the broom and the color of the leaves

Blog Archive