Thursday 28 March 2024

Thursday Journal

 This week the words are 'Sometimes I wonder how you put up with me. Then I remember, oh, I put up with you, so we're even' Maisie and her big sister Francis are having their usual argument about who actually owns Susie the cat and should therefor feed her and generally look after her. It's an argument they have all the time and Maisie thinks that as Francis is the oldest it's her cat, Francis thinks otherwise. If they ask their parents they always say Susie belongs to both of you, so you must share the responsibility. Maisie thought that didn't help one bit as it meant that her sister  made her do it all the time. Susie sat between them wondering when she was going to be fed, and as she couldn't possibly understand a word they said apart from her name was getting hungrier by the minute. Why couldn't they just feed her and get on with it. Francis was getting fed up with the time being wasted as she wanted to go out. In exasperation she turned to Maisie and said " sometimes I wonder how you put up with me. Then I remember, oh, I put up with you, so we're even"

I am linking this to Cris's theme of 'On all fours' on Art Journal Journey



3 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

That's a great quote this week Wendy, and I have to smile because I think the argument over who takes over the cat is something so many of us can relate to, even if we don't have any sisters. I love how you fixed this page to fit Chris' challenge too. Thanks for sharing with us at AJJ, and have a super rest of the month. hugs-Erika

Neet said...

A lively page for your entry into Chris's four legged theme at AJJ. I love the colouring of the background, especially that rusty orange section.
Hugs, Neet xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

I hope they decide soon, Susie is looking hungry! My brother is younger than me but I seemed to get a lot of the jobs! This is a lovely colourful page for my AJJ theme- thanks for sharing, hugs, Chrisx

Blog Archive