Thursday 14 March 2024

Thursday Journal

 'She said"that's a lot of money to spend on crafts, and I knew we could't be friends" are the words this week. Adrienne and Jane had spent their day at one of the big craft shows in London and with sore feet and empty purses they arrived home to Adriennes. Adrienne had managed to buy lots of craft items from nearly all of the stalls and Jane had only bought what was on her list, which was quite small. She couldn't afford much and really didn't need can awful lot more as she knew she wouldn't have time to use it all. On the other hand Adrienne seemed to have suddenly found new crafts that she hadn't tried before and Jane doubted she would use half of the goods for these. Adriennes cats looked on and wondered what all the fuss was about and why didn't they bring them some goodies as well. After Adrienne had sorted all her goodies out in separate piles, Jane asked her how much she had spent. WhenAdrienne told her she was astounded, it was more than she earns in months. With this very obvious difference in them Jane said " That's a lot of money to spend on crafts, and I knew we couldn't be friends" She gathered up her things and said cheerio, knowing that she probably wouldn't go to another craft show with Adrienne.

I am linking this to Chris's theme on 'On all fours' on Art Journal Journey



6 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Fun piece and story! Hugs!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I have a couple of friends like Adrienne. One never uses anything and hoards it all in her craft room. The other one tries about half the things she buys. The good news is, she often gives me craft goodies she no longer wants. One time she gave me her old Bind-it-All and tons of transparencies. Thanks for this really clever entry that is also great for Chris's theme at Art Journal Journey. Thanks for linking.

My name is Erika. said...

Fun story Wendy. I think a big crafts fair would be great to see all the new products. Not that I’d need anything. Smile. But then I suppose Adrienne has either lots of debt or lots of extra cash. Nice page this week too. I like how you Incorporated the cats. Thanks for joining Chris’ challenge. Hugs Erika

Gillena Cox said...

Oh what fun😊
My latest isHERE

Much♡love

Gillena Cox said...

HI WENDY
You are invited to my linky
Art For Fun Friday (every Friday)
AND
SundaySmiles(every Sunday)
HERE

Much♡love

pearshapedcrafting said...

I love this Wendy! I am more of a Jane although I am easily led when at a craft show with friends!! I do find it easier not to fall for things I won't use theses days.Those poor cats........! Thanks for this fabulous addition to my theme at AJJ, hugs, Chrisx

Blog Archive