Thursday 7 March 2024

Thursday Journal

 This week the words are 'I don't like to think before I speak, I like to be just as surprised as everyone else about what comes out of my mouth"'I expect everyone has been in this situation and Elise certainly had, in fact it applied to her more than it should. Elise had bumped into one of her school friends Barbara, who was out walking with her dog a ridiculous spoilt poodle called Fifi for goodness sake. They exchanged a few old stories from schooldays and then the conversation dried up. For want of something to say Elise said "Why have you dressed your dog in a thick coat, it isn't really cold and  Fifi also looks ridiculous in a hat and boots, dogs do not wear hats and boots' Barabara was somewhat upset by these remarks and countered with, you are being rude and hurtful, why did you say that?" Well replied Elise "I don't like to think before I speak, I like to be just as  surprised as everyone else about what comes out of my mouth" Not finding anything constructive to say to that Barabara walked off in the direction she was going in the first place.

I am linking this to Chris's theme on Art Journal Journey of On all fours.




4 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

I like that quote Wendy. Sometimes I think we all feel that way. Maybe we don't want to say something that surprises us, but we do.This is a super page, and I'm glad you included Fifi. I'm also glad you don't hear that name very often anymore. I'm sure there are still Fifi's out there though. Thanks for joining Chris' challenge and hope your week is going well. Hugs-Erika

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh dear! A real case of having to think before you speak! Mind you that poodle is slightly overdressed! Thanks for this great link for my theme at AJJ, hugs, Chrisx

Neet said...

I can think of a few people like that!! Bet you can too.
Great story and fab picture Wendy.
Hugs, Neet xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Wow, I love how you used the images to emphasize that quote. I have been known to sometimes not think before I speak. Thanks for sharing this with us at AJJ using Chris's theme, dear.

Blog Archive