Thursday 29 February 2024

Thursday Journal

 This week is the last one on Vicki's theme of 'Keeping it light' on Art Journal Journey, and the words are 'If you see me eating salad in a restaurant, I have been kidnapped and am trying to signal you'  Ivy had  gone over to see her friend Janeen who was lounging on the floor with loads of smelly candles burning. Ivy didn't like candles and thought that as the wax melted it deposited a layer of wax all over the furniture. The fact she was wearing her sun glasses made her disapproval even more obvious. Ivy wanted to know if Janeen would like to go to the new salad and whole-food restaurant that had opened in town. "I very rarely eat at a restaurant and if I did I would rather have an Indian, Thai or Chinese meal thank you,  but thanks for asking me. I am  also slim enough and don't think such a sensible meal would appeal to me"  replied Janine."You don't know what you are missing" said Ivy. "Ohh I think I do, and If you see me eating salad, Iv'e been kidnapped and am trying to signal you" replied Janeen.




4 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

How lucky to be slim enough to not worry about food choices. That's a great line from your story. Nice page too Wendy. Thanks for continuing on and joining us every week while Neet's been down. And happy leap day to you. Hugs-Erika

*Vicki* said...

Oh I love this and I love the funny conversations between the two! Your pages have made me smile and giggle this month! I love your pretty stenciled background and the shelf of candles! Thanks so much for your great inspiration using my "light" theme at AJJ. Happy crafting well wishes!

pearshapedcrafting said...

I love this and the quote! I can't say I agree, I love a good salad, athough more in Summer than Winter. I do love a good Curry too though, Thanks for another lovely entry at AJJ. Hugs Chrisx

Valerie-Jael said...

Fabulous page and a great story, as alwqys. thanks so much for joining us at AJJ, hugs, Valerie

Blog Archive