Thursday 22 February 2024

Thursday Journal with Neet

     'How much better life would be if liars pants really did catch on fire'  are the words this week from Tim Holt snarky comments. Grace was sitting on the floor in  front of her new wall mounted fire when her friend Jenny came to see her. Grace was looking forward to know how her friend had got on with the job interview she had been on that morning. It was with a firm in the next town and as Jenny had a car it was an easy trip to do every day and she was really looking forward to it. There were several people being interviewed, but Jenny was very confident. "Well how did you get on" grace asked ? "Well, I was given the job, but I turned it down, it wasn't what I expected" Jenny said. Grace looked carefully at the sort of casual way Jenny was standing and the don't care look on her face, something wasn't right. She knew Jenny well enough to see it was false bravado. Grace quietly said to herself 'How much better life would be if liars pants really did catch on fire, but out load she said "Oh well never mind, something else will turn up"

I am linking this to Vicki's theme of Keeping it light on Art Journal Journey



5 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

No one has used a fireplace so far this month, but what a brilliant idea Wendy. I really like it. And I do kind of agree with that comment. One image really comes to my mind, but I'll keep this comment short. Great story, and you made a fantastic page this week too. Thanks for sharing it with Vicki's challenge at AJJ. hugs-Erika

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely pAGE AND A FUN inspiration! Hugs, Valerie

*Vicki* said...

I love this idea of your quote about liars pants catching fire! I'm really fascinated with your character series and you come up with some fun ideas with the theme! That background is very cool and I love your fireplace! Thanks for your wonderful inspiration for my theme at AJJ!

Neet said...

How I was looking forward to doing this one, Ah well, what will be will be. As you are using all my quote suggestions up I hope you will have a good set for me when I return to blogging.
Nicely averted with the quote Wendy and a great picture too.
Hugs, Neet xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

Brilliant interpretation Wendy! Love the fire place-I often wish we had one! Thanks for sharing at AJJ, hugs, Chrisx

Blog Archive