Thursday 28 September 2023

Thursday Journal with Neet.

The words this week are "Wrinkled was not one of the things I wanted to be when I grew up" Grace was looking after her Granddaughter Millie who was convinced that when she grew up she would work at a zoo. Millie was obsessed with animals and had spent all morning trying to get her Grandmas cat to obey commands. It was of course a waste of time, Leo was too set in his ways and didn't take kindly to being told what to do. Millie explained to Grace that she was set on working with animals when she grew up, so Grace said that perhaps being a vet would be a better idea. Millie listened quietly but the insisted that as vets here didn't deal with big cats so the zoo was was her dream job. " What did you want to be when you grew up Grandma?" asked Millie. " Thinking back to the dreams she had had as a young woman Grace said "Wrinkled was not one of the things I wanted to be when I grew up, but I did have a very satisfying job as a school teacher. She hoped Millie would change her mind and not work with big cats  or anything else dangerous.

 I am linking this to Elle's theme of Books cats, tea on Art Journal Journey





5 comments:

Neet said...

Good story Wendy, great thinking behind it. Love the page too with swuch pastel colours for a change.
Hugs, Neet xx

Empire of the Cat said...

Hi Wendy, thanks for joining me again this week, much appreciated. I love that quote, I think we would all agree with her lol. Really love her hair too, and the kitty of course. Thanks for joining me for the Books, Cats & Tea September theme at Art Journal Journey this month. Happy Journalling! Elle xx

My name is Erika. said...

Working with big cats does sound scary. I agree, I would tell my family members not to do kind of work. :) This is a great page Wendy, and I'm glad you added the cats to both your page and the story so it fits Elle' challenge at AJJ. Have a super weekend. hugs-Erika

Elkes Lebensglück said...

The dream jobs as a child are sometimes funny. Your journal page is beautifully presented, including the color combo!
Hugs, Elke

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm determined to visit everyone before we get a new host tomorrow at AJJ. This is a beautiful entry for Elle's theme. Nice that being a teacher was a noble job, but being someone who works with big cats sounds more exciting. Thanks for this lovely entry, Wendy.

Blog Archive