Thursday 21 September 2023

Thursday Journal with Neet

 The words this week are 'When I ask for directions, please do not mention words like "East" this saying is very appropriate for me as when I ask for directions, the points of the compass are sometimes placed strategically in the answer. It doesn't help when you don't actually know which direction you are pointing in in the first place. Jessica has managed to get lost in the estates around her town and has no idea how to get out of it, or how to find the actual house she is looking for. She doesn't have satellite navigation in her car, and is not that good at reading maps, it's probably out of date anyway, as this is a huge new estate. As she drives slowly along a quiet road she sees a lady talking to her two cats in the garden. She stops, and  says how cute the cats are, even though she doesn't actually like cats.  The cat lady is flattered that someone has actually said they like Ginger and Henry as her neighbours hate them as they are bird lovers, and the two cats are often seen stalking the birds and getting shooed away. After a chat about her furry friends she asked if Jessica wanted some help as she looked rather lost. "Yes I am lost, but when I ask for directions, please do not use words like "East" Jessica was actually on the wrong side of the estate and the cat lady, sensing that loads of turn rights and lefts was not going to help went to fetch a pencil and paper and drew Jessica a simple map. Jessica was very grateful and after saying thank you and giving the cats a quick stroke she drove away feeling very confident.

I am linking this to Elle's theme of Books, cats, tea on Art Journal Journey



5 comments:

Neet said...

Wow, we have a book! I am ok with the points of the compass in directions providing I know which direction north is. It was OK when I was a Girl Guide Leader and had a compass in my hand taking my Rangers out and about camping. Not too sure I would be ok without one though.
What a lovely lady Jessica met up with. Not many would go to those lengths to help someone.
A lovely page Wendy, great colours.
Hugs, Neet xx

Elkes Lebensglück said...

a very nice story about helping the old lady with her cats.
A creative page with the two cats!
Have a good day, hug Elke

Empire of the Cat said...

Ah well done to the cat lady for giving sensible directions - cat's have a great sense of direction after all! Love your page today Wendy, and the outfits. The cats are super! Thanks for joining me for the Books, Cats & Tea September theme at Art Journal Journey this month. Happy Journalling! Elle xx

My name is Erika. said...

I know exactly what you mean by using the words east and west, etc. I'm usually good at following maps or knowing how to go somewhere I've already been, but who knows which way is east or west or north, etc.. That lady on the left looks a bit confused and annoyed too. And it works so well with your story Wendy. Thanks for joining us again at AJJ. And have a super rest of your week. hugs-Erika

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Another great entry for yours and Neet's theme. It was SO different, yet had the same snarky saying. I think the cat lady was wise to give real directions using a map. Thanks for this really fun entry you have given us using Elle's theme at AJJ, Wendy.

Blog Archive