Thursday 14 September 2023

Thursday Journal with Neet

'So when is this old enough to know better supposed to kick in ? are the snarky words for this week. Grace  is having a cup of tea, and her daughter Annie is feeling somewhat rebellious as her mum won't let her go out with her girl friends on a night out in town. I'm sorry Annie, but I will not feel happy with you in town with girls I don't know, they are much older than you, so you will have to wait until you are old enough' That's not fair Mum, you know how sensible I am" "Really said Grace, no-one would believe it as you seem to have a tea cosy on your head !" It wasn’t a tea cosy, it was a hat Annie had knitted herself and her mums remark didn’t help Annie feel any better about not being able to go out with her friends. In a rather angry voice and before she really lost her temper Annie said “ So when is this old enough to know better supposed go kick in ?” “ Obviously not yet” was all Annie heard as she flounced out of the room.              I am linking this to Elle theme of Book, cats, tea on Art Journal Journey 



8 comments:

Neet said...

We've more or less gone with the same scenario. Guess it's the obvious one. Or is that telepathy working again?
Great story but I had to smile at your choice of the tea cosy girl.
Have a lovely weekend.
Hugs, Neet xx

Empire of the Cat said...

Hi Wendy, love your page today and the wee story. I don't know when it's supposed to kick in either haha. Even the cat looks confused. Thanks for joining me for the Books, Cats & Tea September theme at Art Journal Journey this month. Happy Journalling! Elle xx

My name is Erika. said...

Oh I remember being in that same situation as Annie. I feels like centuries ago though- well maybe not centuries but definitely decades ago. Smile. In the long run, it didn't matter that I didn't go, but I bet Annie is upset. Fun quote this week too And a fun page. I like that kitty you added. Thanks for sharing with us at AJJ. hugs-Erika

Anonymous said...

Super :-)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Loved the story as much as Neet's. I liked the tea cozy on Annie's head. Much more civilized than her mother's hat. Nice you included the cat, too. That makes it great for Elle's theme at AJJ.

Elkes Lebensglück said...

Great story and I would say the same to my daughter!
Great pages with the cat and the characters are again great!
Have a good weekend, hug Elke

pearshapedcrafting said...

I am on holiday at the moment but loved seeing this page- young people do have an interesting fashion sense! I laughed at last weeks page as we used to have a white cat who used to lay wait for a neighbour's spaniel going for a walk! Hugs, Chrisx

Gillena Cox said...

The Monda y WRites linky is HERE

Much🖤love

Blog Archive