Thursday 31 August 2023

Thursday Journal with Neet

This weeks snarky comment is 'I'd love to talk but I'm in a hurry to get home so I can be alone' Jill had gone round to see her friend Angela who had just come back from a holiday in Greece. Angela couldn’t wait to tell Jill about her adventures and all the wonderful things she had brought back. She started off by explaining about all the historic ruins she had seen, and Jill was beginning to loose concentration. As much as she liked history and was really happy that her friend had had a lovely holiday, she had heard enough for one day. As Jill edged towards the door her brain was frantically trying to think of a way to stop the history lesson before the 'look what I brought back' started. Suddenly without thinking Jill said  "I'm so pleased you had such a lovely holiday Angela, and I'd love to talk but I'm in a hurry to get home so I can be alone" With that and a very puzzled look from Angela Jill walked out of the door. On her way home she started to think how she would explain her actions to Angela when they next met.

I am linking this to Chris's theme of 'Where in the world' on Art Journal Journey.


 

4 comments:

Neet said...

Lovely background and lively dress colours make for a great journal page. I do like the background especially and I must remember to put some stamping in next time on my own. It adds interest.
Hope you are having a lovely time.
Hugs, Neet xx

Elkes Lebensglück said...

jeep i can understand that when you are broken and want to go home and the other talks and talks doesn't notice that the other is getting impatient.
A real life story.
Great page designed for it!
Hug Elke

Gillena Cox said...

Nice one😊

Much 💖love

My name is Erika. said...

I hope Jill wil listen to Angela at some point, before too many weeks go back. I like your approach to this month's theme, and I'm glad you were able to join us. Thank you. Happy start to September. hugs-Erika

Blog Archive