Thursday 27 July 2023

Thursday Journal with Neet

' Some days I rely heavily on coffee and my ability to ignore reality' are the words from Tim Holtz snarky sayings for this week. We are on a new list so will give us some more scope for our stories. As I am linking this to Alisons theme of 'Come fly with me on Art Journal Journey this month, I have some insects flying around the room. As I will be away next week I doubt whether I will be able to link it to the new theme as I have no idea what it will be. I will do the journal page but might be unable to link it to the theme.

Sheila and her friend Jenny are at her new flat, and Jenny is finding it difficult to take in the fact that Sheila has hardly done a thing since she moved in, the place was a mess. Lots of boxes stacked in various rooms and no visible sign of food to eat. The whole place now needed a clean and sort out. Jenny had offered to help but Sheila didn't seem overly bothered about the fact that there were insects flying around the room and a cat who didn't seem very bothered either. Jenny tried tactfully as she could to try and get Sheila to do something but the only response she received was Sheila saying "Some days I rely heavily on coffee and my ability to ignore reality. That was obviously one of those days.

This story was vaguely based on the fact that I have spent the last six days helping my youngest daughter do a self move to their new house, with professional help to just move the furniture. I don't want to see bubble wrap and boxes for a while. The fact that she is not very organised left a lot for me to do, I have moved so many times that I am virtually a professional. ( That's what she was telling the neighbours)






5 comments:

Neet said...

A good idea to use insects but does this mean there was something yukky hanging around in the house to cause such a swarm? Maybe she is hoping her cat will catch them and eat them all up.
No worries about next week, I will link you but may need you to do it for me the week after.
Hope you have finished the move now - guess popping bubble wrap is no longer a stress buster for you.
Hugs, Neet xx

craftytrog said...

A beautiful page, and a great story Wendy!
We'll soon (hopefully) be helping our son move into his new house (if it ever gets finished! It's a new build, and there's been so many delays)
Thanks for joining in with my AJJ challenge.
Alison

My name is Erika. said...

Thank goodness for Moms. I’m sure your daughter loves your help, but you sound pretty frustrated with her. I don’t blame you. But your page is a perfect outlet for that frustration. But it makes a great story and page for this week with Neet and for AJJ too. Thank for joining us, and have a great week away next week too. Hugs Erika

Elkes Lebensglück said...

I think this journal page is fabulously designed and the topic oh yes, moving and not properly organized is a horror. If the story about insects flying around all the more, the dear coffee but unfortunately only calms the nerves.
Dear Wendy, I can understand that you need rest now after this assignment with your daughter!
Have happy weekend, hug Elke

nwilliams6 said...

Sounds like several moves I have been a part of - I hate moving!!!! I rely heavily on coffee too. Super story and page. Great outfits and critters! Hugz

Blog Archive