Thursday 15 June 2023

Thursday Journal with Neet

The words this week are 'I'm allergic to stupidity - I break out in sarcasm' Enid and Beryl are identical twins, but like to dress differently now they have left childhood behind and their mum insisting they dress alike. Enid is far less prim and proper than her sister who doesn't put a step wrong. Enid has suggested to Beryl that they go on an adventure holiday for single people to some far away place that Beryl had never heard of. 

“Why would I want to do that, we are far too old to go gadavanting off to foreign places where we don’t know anyone and don’t speak the language. Have you completely lost the plot” said Beryl. 

“ I thought it was a good idea, we might meet some nice people, we might even find a male friend” said Enid.   

“ What makes you think I want a male friend at my age, I have managed very nicely without one so far, and I would rather go somewhere nice in this country. I know age is just a number, but I think you are being stupid, and I am allergic to stupidity - I break out in sarcasm” said Beryl, hoping that is the end of that conversation. In actual fact she was saving up for a new car, and didn’t want to go on holiday this year.


 I have used numbers on the background to comply with the theme of All about numbers set by Matilde of  Craftowarnie on Art Journal Journey

6 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

I love the twins idea Wendy, and how different they are. I do hope they go on a holiday together, for the sake of sisterhood. Nice page, and I like how you used the same face but made the clothes different. Thanks for joining Matilde's number challenge at AJJ this week too. hugs-Erika

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I can see Enid is determined not to go on that holiday with her sister, no matter how much she is enticed, This is a lovely entry using Matilde's theme at AJJ. I love how the twins don't dress alike, but look alike. A really clever idea. I hope the sisters find a way to compromise, though.

Valerie-Jael said...

Love your girls, the qauote and the story. And thanks for adding numbers for Matilde's challenge. Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

Neet said...

Love your identical twins. ISn't it strange how twins can be so different in outlook? That is a lovely background you have made. Love the big bold numbers at the top and the circles below.
I wonder who got there way?
Hugs, Neet xx

Elkes Lebensglück said...

Great twins with beautiful background and story!
Happy weekend, hug Elke

nwilliams6 said...

Great girls, story, and background (very creative way to use numbers). I am pretty sure these words apply to me (the sarcasm stays inside a lot but it is there). Fun page. Hugz

Blog Archive