Thursday 29 June 2023

Thursday Journal with Neet

 'I'm not arguing, I'm explaining why I'm right' are the words this week. I started off with a Distress inked background and I used a number stencil on top. Barbara has been having an ongoing discussion with her friend Margaret about the best way to help their five year old children cope with numbers at school. Ever since the children had been toddlers they had both taught them how to count from one upwards with the use of games and story books. Now they had both started school the adding up and taking away was the next step. Margaret had been happy to just keep on with the games and to start with the easy ones. Barbara was all for getting stuck in with the pencil and paper and actually giving them little sums to do, as this way they would get used to writing the numbers down and thinking about it more, she thought playing games at that age was silly. so they sat down with a cup of tea and started to discuss it. Eventually this turned into an argument and before it became too heated Barbara said "I'm not arguing, I'm explaining why I'm right. at this point they agreed to differ.

I am linking this to Matilde's theme of it's all-out numbers on Art Journal Journey




4 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

I forgot I have that same background stencil you used Wendy. I bet it's down at the bottom of the stencil bin. Smile. Nice page, nice story and that's a good quote for so many people who think they always have the answer. Happy end of JUne to you. And thanks for joining us at AJJ. hugs-Erika

Neet said...

Great double spread, fab warm colours. Despite my thinking this was an easy comment to use I then found it difficult to put into a story. You have managed really well and I love the idea behind the story.
Wonder what next week will bring, June has passed so quickly.
Hugs, Neet xx

Elkes Lebensglück said...

Great story and fantastic piece!
Have a good weekend,hug Elke

Valerie-Jael said...

Fabulous story and page, that quote is made for me! Hugs, Valerie

Blog Archive