Thursday 1 June 2023

Thursday Journal with Neet

 The saying for this week is 'Did you have to eat the whole bowl of stupid'  Sophie is a very bright little girl and wants to be a teacher when she grows up. She thought it would be a good idea to get some practice in before she really made up her mind. Her brother Eric is not so bright and his number work was awful, so who better to practice on than Eric. Sophie had put measurements on the skirting board of his room and installed a blackboard on which she had written some plus and minus sums. Apart from one that was right Eric had managed to get all the others wrong. Sophia was getting very frustrated with him as he seemed unable to concentrate, too busy playing with his toy dinosaur. "Come on Eric, lets rub those out and start again" Sophie said " No" said Eric, "I want to play" "You will need to know how to do these at school Eric" "I don't care" said Eric. Sophie had had enough so before she left his room she said " Did you have to eat the whole bowl of stupid ?                                                                                                               I am linking this to Art Journal Journey where the theme set by Matilde from craftowanie  for this month is All about numbers.



9 comments:

pearshapedcrafting said...

Fabulous page although I doubt with that attitude she will ever get to be a teacher. Thanks for joining us at AJJ and sharing such a brilliant way to add numbers to your page for Matilde's theme hugs, Chrisx

My name is Erika. said...

This is a fun piece Wendy. I love the chalk board idea for your story to tie it into numbers. 👍 and the playful Dino. I just hope Sophie learns to say nicer things before she becomes a teacher. Smile. Thanks for joining us at AJJ for Matilda’s challenge. And happy June to you! Hugs Erika

Valerie-Jael said...

What a fun journal page and quote. I think most of the students I taught had eaten tons of stupid! Hugs, Valerie

Elkes Lebensglück said...

Great story and fun this page!!! the Number is cool idea!
Happy june, hugs Elke

Neet said...

A very clever use of the story with the quote you had to use. Love the picture - in fact I just love it all.
Hugs, Neet xx

Matilde said...

Your story is great as always! And I love the chalk board idea to use and show numbers 😊

Rika said...

Fun art journal page.

Sharon Fritchman said...

Your page is fun and fabulous, Wendy! I love the chalkboard with all of the numbers! The story behind the snarky comment is perfect! Thanks so much, Sharon

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Sorry I am SO far behind visiting. Last Friday I lost my internet and phone when a squirrel decided to chew through the line. Apparently I'm not alone. The threat to the internet posed by squirrels may exceed that posed by cyber-attacks. What a clever use of Matilde's theme at Art Journal Journey.

Blog Archive