Thursday 25 May 2023

Thursday Journal with Neet

 On Art Journal Journey the theme set by Aimslee is Flowers and the saying this week on Neet and my `Thursday journal is 'Not my circus, not my monkeys. My monkeys fly'  I am not actually sure what this saying is all about so found it difficult to do and to tie it in with AJJ. Angie has two little girls Dottie and Lexi and they are very naughty most of the time, a real handful. Their latest offence was to pull off all the petals from their mum's friends best rose. They had no excuse for doing it and knew they were in for a row when they got home. Their mums best friend Doreen was very angry and tried to explain to the girls that not only was it very wrong to treat anything in nature badly, but to do that her very best rose was not going to be forgiven in a hurry. The two girls didn't look very chastened but said sorry after a very stern look on their mums face. Doreen said to Angie " Not my circus, not my monkeys. My monkeys fly" Not liking her two girls being called monkeys, or saying that her control of the girls was like a circus, Angie wondered what she meant by that remark. She had totally forgotten that Doreen had a job at the zoo and was in charge of  some monkeys who seemed able to go from one tree to the next without much effort and looked like they were flying.



7 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

Now pulling the petals off a rose bush that is not a nice thing to do. I hope the children didn't also get totally scratched by the thorns. This is another great page Wendy, and thank you for making it work for Aimeslee's challenge at AJJ. As always, it is much appreciated. I hope all is well with you. hugs-Erika

Valerie-Jael said...

Great story and journal page, and love the quote! Sorry, short comment, not feeling good today! Hugs, Valerie

Elkes Lebensglück said...

I've never heard a great saying, but the way you describe it in the story, I understand it now and these figures are imaginatively embedded in the journal page with the great background.
Have a good days, hug Elke

Rika said...

great art journal page.

*Vicki* said...

Love this! Totally agree with your sentiment! My husband and I say this alot! Love how you've interpreted this in your art and love your details! Thanks for the inspiration!

Aimeslee Winans said...

Ha! Too funny, Wendy. You did amazingly awesome not really understanding the phrase! Love the look of this page as well. The saying is a very old Polish proverb basically meaning don't pull or involve me into your drama, I have my own to deal with. Doreen was dead-on right -- she has her own monkey drama to deal with at the zoo! LOLOLOL Love it, I think you understand quite well! Thanks so much for linking this up at AJJ and happy new week to you, xoxo

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I think this was brilliant, Wendy. I love how you made it fit with AJJ's theme. Doreen couldn't ave said it clearer about the drama. This is a fun entry for Aimeslee’s theme at Art Journal Journey.

Blog Archive