Thursday 4 May 2023

Thursday Journal with Neet

 The snarky words this week are 'One of us is right, the other one is you'. First of all please excuse the quality of the picture, my scanner is on strike.  The new theme on Art Journal Journey this month set by Aimeslee of Paper-Paisley art adventure is flowers.

Susan is in her garden sitting on her new mushroom seat admiring the daisies when her friend Esme had come round to see if she was ready to go the competition in the village hall. This month it was on who could come up with the most unusual hat. Esme had gone to a lot of trouble to make a hat with some 3D houses that were similar to those in the village. Esme took one look at Susan's hat and asked her what had she done that complied with the rules of decorate your hat with something unusual. "I've put a dog on it" said Susan, thinking that was pretty obvious. "Yes but you haven't made anything, you have just tucked a toy dog under the brim, you didn't make it. That does not fit with the rules" 'Well I think it's unusual, and your looks ridiculous" said Susan. "Well said Esme, one of us is right, the other one is you" I think Esme stands a good chance of winning, even if Susan doesn't agree.



9 comments:

Neet said...

Love the background story but if this was true I can't say I would like either hat. (Why on earth Dyan did these heads that we are stuck with I will never know.). I must agree, following the story, that the buildings hat has a lot more going for it than the one with the dog on.
I wonder if either of them won? Greatpage!
Hugs, Neet xx

Sharon Fritchman said...

Hi Wendy! I really like your clever story behind the "snarky" sentiment, and especially like your wonderful art! The daisies at the bottom of your page are perfect for May's theme. Thanks for sharing your talents. Have a great May! Hugs, Sharon

Valerie-Jael said...

Love the page with the girls and the story to go with it. Now I'm wondering who won.... Have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie

My name is Erika. said...

That is a very cool hat. What a great idea for a story this week. And oh the daisies are great. Thanks for joining us for Aimeslee's theme this week too Wendy. Hope May is treating you well. hugs-Erika

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I agree that Esme's hat is very different and unique. Nicely colored and beautifully composed. I like how you included the adorable flowers which worked perfectly for Aimeslee's theme at AJJ, too. Thanks for sharing this fun entry. Wendy.

Gillena Cox said...

Lovely application of the flowers.
Have a nice weekend.

Much💖love

pearshapedcrafting said...

Well, I hope Esme wins! I love this page and your story, hugs, Chrisx

Elkes Lebensglück said...

Everyone has their taste when it comes to hats, but it's really exceptional.
Great the story and the two friends on the page great color and flowers.
Have a happy weekend, hug Elke

Aimeslee Winans said...

Hahaha, I hope Esme wins as rules ARE rules, plus Susan tried personal insults instead of just acknowledging she took the easy way out. The nerve! winkwink Love your page! Thanks for sharing at AJJ Flowers this month, XOX

Blog Archive