Thursday 18 May 2023

Thursday Journal with Neet

The theme this month set by Aimeslee on Art Journal Journey is Flowers. The saying from Tim Holtz snarky comments is 'I am silently correcting your grammar', and Neet and I try to combine them both together. This is such a familiar saying for me, as my son teaches English to students from various countries, he also says this to me on a few occasions. Flip, I didn't think there was anything wrong with my grammar.  Freya and Ellen are going to take part in the local general knowledge quiz in their local art gallery, and although Freya is good at art she didn't know much about the old artists, so she hoped there wouldn't be too many questions on them. She had painted flowers on one wall in her bedroom and was very good at painting animals. On the other hand, Ellen was good at answering questions on sport and entertainment. They managed to answer some of the natural history, history and general knowledge ones, but Freya felt she was far more sophisticated than Ellen and would be able to answer some of the more recent ones such as politics and classical music. There were bound to be some art questions and hopefully Freya would know what to say, although she thought Ellen would feel a bit lost and Freya was wondering is she would be silently correcting Ellen's grammar., which became worse when she got stressed. If they won there was a monetary prize to spend in one of the local stores.



9 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

This another fun page and story! How 'nice' of your so to correct your grammar!! I hope you are well and fit! Hugs, Valerie

Neet said...

I struggled with my story, didn't think this an easy one to do - and to link in with flowers too.
Love your floral background, hopefully I will be able to do a background next week, maybe I should start on Monday.
Take care of you both
Hugs, Neet xx

My name is Erika. said...

Sorry I didn't make it by your blog yesterday. That's great that you know the saying. I don't know it, but I like it. You created a great page this week, along with your story. And I really like all the flowers in the background. Thanks for sharing with us at AJJ. And have a wonderful rest of your week too. Hugs-Erika

Elkes Lebensglück said...

A great story and the journal page so beautifully chosen the two figures with the floral background.
Havea beautiful weekend, hug Elke

pearshapedcrafting said...

I love your story and these two friends. At least commenting on someone's grammar silently won't offend! Your wall paper looks great for AJJ, hugs, Chrisx

Aimeslee Winans said...

Haha Wendy, my daughter does the same thing to us that your son does! lol I can so relate. Love your story (and Neet's too) and your stenciled background is fab as well as your characters. Thanks so much for linking this up at AJJ, XOX

nwilliams6 said...

Fun words and fab page and story. Fun use of flowers. I have a co-worker who corrects us all not silently so this makes me laugh. GREAT page. Hugz

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, what a gorgeous page! That flowery stenciled background is beautiful with the figures that you chose - perfect 😊. Take care and wishing you a wonderful week! Hugs, Jo x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Sorry to be so late visiting. Last Friday was not a good day in my world. I'm not whining, just explaining that my GOOD hand hurt, as did the rest of my body, in part to my inability to breathe due to the winds from the wild fires in Canada and in part from overworking at my friend Sally's house last Thursday when I brought in 200 lbs of cat litter she had ordered from Amazon. Then today I can barely sit because of a muscle I pulled in my back that I think was from carrying in the litter.


I think your story was quite good and believable. I'm afraid I have done that at times myself. I hope the girls won the prize! Thanks for this great entry you shared with us at AJJ using Aimeslee's theme.

Blog Archive